One in six people will have a stroke in their lifetime.
The impact of stroke in the UK takes a toll not just on the patient, but on family and friends and not insignificantly on the financial resources of an already stretched health service.
The National Impact of Stroke:
2011 Data, Office of the National Statistics,
Long Term survival after first-ever stroke: the Oxfordshire Community Stroke Project.
Dennis M S et al Stroke 1993 Jun: 24(6):796-800
In the East Midlands
- Our Population is 4.533 million
- Strokes per year amount to 9,700
- There are 88,000 people living with stroke In Nottingham City
- Strokes per year, 600 approx.
- People living with stroke 4,400
Ref 2011 Data, National Audit Office & Dr Masoud Solaymani-Dodran, University of Nottingham